Well, here is the second award I was presented, this time by the gentlemanly Mr. John Howell. This one is not only a great honor, but also a bit of a challenge! Here are the rules:
1. Name 11 unknown facts about yourself to your followers.
2. Answer 11 questions posed by the person who nominated you.
3. Name 11 new nominees for the award.
Doesn’t seem that hard, but really, I’m quite the open book in my life and on here, so I don’t have much to contribute to #1… WAIT! I just did give something up!
- I’m very much an open book, unless told strictly not to be, in which case I’m bulletproof.
- Ke$ha is my guilty pleasure music (and will likely show up before too long in My Life’s Playlist).
- I donated my hair to Locks of Love once, and almost made my sister cry for it.
- My grandmother, also my namesake, was adamantly atheist, and I’m agnostic. Funny how things work out like that.
- If you ‘like’ my blog post and I, in turn, ‘follow’ your blog, it is not a reflex. I follow you because I like your content and know I will enjoy getting your posts in my feed.
- I play Runescape for the sake of my boyfriend. That’s how much I love him. XD
- I’m Scottish and German. Yet I feel so Irish!
- One of the main reasons I love Bo Burnham so much is because he reminds me of the fun I had in Speech and Debate in high school, and how much I miss performing.
- Every once in a while, when I can’t sleep, I wind up my old horse and wagon music box; two winds always does the trick.
- Despite my complete disapproval of Tom Cruise as an actor, I love Interview with a Vampire, and even his role in it.
- My boyfriend is the perfect combination of Bo Burnham’s comedy and Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear. (And yes, I am a huge Top Gear fan!)
Okay! Time for John’s questions!
- What gets you going in the morning? Music, music, and more music! I’m trying to make working out part of my mornings, but my trainer and I have been having scheduling issues. I’m not very well self-motivated when it comes to exercise, sadly. But I really need to get on it for Otakon this year!
- Who had the most profound influence on who you are today? That’s a tough one. Tolkien is the greatest influence on my writing life, although Neil Gaiman certainly has earned a spot alongside him. My father is the longest and strongest influence on my character, although again, my Nana is a very foundational person from my childhood as well. For my life right now, and I expect in the long run, though, it is my boyfriend. Loving and willing to push me past my usual comfort limit to show me the greatest the world has to offer, because he doesn’t want me to miss out! 🙂
- Where do you find inspiration? Everywhere and in everything. Positive or negative inspiration, all I take in inspires me in some way. Otherwise it’s not worth my time to recognize.
- If you had the time where would you go? New Zealand, hands down. Alaska would be nice, but New Zealand would win if I had to choose.
- What is your favorite movie of all time and why? Honestly, I think The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey right now. Of course, when the second movie comes out it will top it. As for the third… *runs sobbing into another room*
- What teacher taught you the most and where was that? Although I greatly appreciate all the hard work and dedication to my writing education from my awesome professors at York College of PA, I have to say my closest teacher was Mr. Colgan from 7th and 8th grade. I was miserable in those two years of school, newly plopped into a Catholic school with kids who had known each other since before pre-K and with no interest in making a little niche for a new kid with quirky interests like me. Mr. Colgan was my music teacher and was the most encouraging of my teachers, despite my lack of true musical skill. My enthusiasm was enough for him, and he was my best friend in those years.
- When do you feel the best in a day? Saturday, because it’s the morning after driving an extra hour longer than my usual hour-one-way commute to work so I can see my boyfriend. The next morning we wake up whenever it fancies us and we can spend however long we want before we actually get out of bed. What a feeling. 🙂
- Who do you think did the most to help your career? Again, not to put down my professors, but my father is definitely the winner here. He got me into the family business, as it were, in a writing niche that has evolved into exactly what I enjoy. I’ll never be able to thank him enough for what he’s done for me. And this is all besides the fact he paid for my entire college education, like a dad-boss. ^_^
- What is your favorite meal? Elevenses. XD
- Do you respond to customer surveys and do you ever flame the company? I usually don’t bother unless the company was exceptional. If I don’t have something nice to say, they aren’t going to listen, so my silence is more impacting than a flaming response.
- How far have you ever walked and why? No idea, really. I have bad lungs or something, because I can work out but cardio kills me. I can’t breathe when I jog or run, and even walking for too long takes it out of me.
There we go! Now for my nominees! In honor of my 200th follower, I’m going to go through some of my newest followers. If you are not on the list, don’t worry! I still love you! I can only list 11!
Johnathan Caswell (who is also the first person to reblog one of my posts! ^_^)
Russell Deasley (who is allowed to break the rules and do 10 instead of 11, you know, since that’s his thing. XD)
PHEW! Last, but not least, my lovely nominees, your questions from me! And these are going to tough, so get ready!
- Quote your favorite line of poetry and tell me why it speaks to you.
- What is your favorite flavor, and why?
- If you could live in a cartoon universe, which would you live in and what would you do?
- How do you pop your bubble wrap: one by one or just twist the whole sheet?
- If you could only time travel once and then be stuck where you go, what time period would you travel to and why?
- You are sitting at a table with 3 people from throughout history with coffee and cigars. Who are they and what are you talking about?
- What is the most tattered, worn, and cherished book you own? Tell us its story.
- Would you be okay if the world ended tomorrow? If not, what would you need to do to be ready for it?
- What’s your go-to outfit on a Saturday morning of lounging around the house?
- What is your most under-appreciated personal achievement?
- Do you hate me now for all those challenging questions? 😀 I hope not!
Well, I hope everyone has fun answering these and enjoys their well-deserved Liebster Award. Thanks again to John for nominating me. Until next time everyone! 🙂